510 wagon on going sr swap

well have never done one of these give it a shot. i picked up 2 510 wagons 6months ago off craigslist for 300 one with a title and one without so the one with out went as a parts car heres a pick of the one i chose in the backyardpics004.jpgpics003.jpgwell i decided before i got theses cars i was going to do a sr swap so i saved and ended up picking up the front clip in june here a pic of the first day we dropped the motor in the wagpics051.jpg and here is one after seeing about the radiator fitment ended up i need a smaller one never looked into it before pics052.jpgwell thats it so far the pics aint great from my phone ill post more to come

Edited by bsd510wag
wrong set up
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well im goin to run the stock till it blows and then i got another stock one to use for the time being. i heard that some of the roadster had lsd in them theres a yard here that has like 6 of them and if that doesnt work wait till i get some money aside and get a 8.8ford and shorten it or 9in and shorten it. if you have any suggestion let them come

well had to move the car to my actually house so decided to take some pic of some stuff i have done already. the first thing we ever did was cut and flipped the crossmemberpics006.jpg the first thing i ever bought was the mckinney motor mount what a waste i didnt know that the factory mounts work and the mickinneymotor mounts were just spray paint.

the last thing i have been doing was cleaning up the engine bay completely stripped the paint in the engine bay with that aircraft remover works greatpics007.jpgpics008-1.jpgpics009-1.jpgthats is everything up to date

well drop the engine in dont have any pics of the drop in because it was just two of us doing the swap so didnt really plan out on the pics but here is some of how she sits in the car and a pic of the tranny mount i made up

bb001.jpgbb002.jpgbb003.jpgbb007.jpg

Edited by bsd510wag
I think you should put the original crossmember that way you still have the your swaybar .

You do understand that the stock location of the crossmember is exactly where the SR oil pan goes, right? You can't properly install an SR with a stock crossmember.

The way you have right now you r losing your swaybar

You do know there are several companies that sell sway bars specifically for this swap? And they are bigger than stock (that's a good thing)? :P

• 2 weeks later...