Transmission

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As little as possible :D This is a temp fix until I build the swap... I bought the car three days ago and the stock 4 speed grinds into 3rd and is load in 4th. I'm considering swapping to a five speed now as long as I can find a decent one that will bolt to an L motor.

What are your prices? Condition?

Thanks

Joel

Edited by Just Joel

They all bolt up to L-series motors.. The Z 5-speed requires shortening the drive shaft, but the dogleg 5 does not. The trans mount needs to be slightly modified for the dogleg, but that's a piece of cake. As far as prices go.. I can be flexible. I'd probably want somewhere in the area of $60 for a 4 speed(Condition: I wouldn't eat off em, but they're solid). The 5-speeds are another story, though. I think I bought the Z 5-speed for around $200(it's in pretty nice condition, although I haven't run it), and the dogleg I got for I think around $150(also, I haven't run this one).

Lemme know.

L 4 speeeed???? Hainz threw 3 of them out on his front lawn with a sign saying FREE. Comes home that night and there were 4 of them!!!! Hard to give away!!!

how many times are we going to tell that joke ?????

:eek::fu::eek:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.