Sliek OEM shift light possiable?

newguy

When I was driving my 620 the other day I got to thinking, Is there a way to wire in a device the would set off a shift light at a set RPM for the "Fasten seatbelt" light on the dash? I'm using an OEM tach and I would like to convert that "fasten seatbelt light" on the dash broad to be a shift light. I know of a way to change the lens and make it read "shift"

It would be sliek and a nice tastful touch.

Thanks for your input,

newguy

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mine just says fasten seatbelt but my brothers says that and EGR. his is a 77 and mines a 78

That my friend is a bad ass idea. I like keeping the car clean looking. Having a big ass tach sticking out with a big shift light is kind of stupid in my opinion. What is the other light for? doesn't it have two warning lights?

I'm not sure how to do that, can you explain a little more? confused on "blank sections" oh i get what you mean now, you ment on the dash board. I was referring to wiring, not placement. :)

In my old CRX, I used one of the blank sections to make a VTEC light. :lol: I also used another blank spot for a shift light.

Worked good.

Edited by newguy
i got it now

I don't remember there being any blanks in the 620 cluster, but on some clusters, there are sections, if viewed from the back, where you can see that a bulb can be installed... BUT on the front its just black. Well the black is just paint, and you can etch what ever you want into the paint and make new words or pictures for "new" accessories. OR you can scratch off the paint where and old dummy light is and repaint it to be what ever you want!

Wow thats a great idea too! thanks. Now you got me thinking about other possiablity.

I don't remember there being any blanks in the 620 cluster, but on some clusters, there are sections, if viewed from the back, where you can see that a bulb can be installed... BUT on the front its just black. Well the black is just paint, and you can etch what ever you want into the paint and make new words or pictures for "new" accessories. OR you can scratch off the paint where and old dummy light is and repaint it to be what ever you want!