1975 Mazda Cosmo RX5

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The plan is for 17x9.5 rear and 17x8 Rota RB-R's if I keep the car. But I really need a truck to tow my RX3 to the track. I have a little two wheel dolly to pull and was thinking that blue 620 would be perfect for the job. If not I can just put a tow hitch on the cosmo. But the car is a nice one. I've been driving it every day this week just because it's been sitting for the past couple weeks.

I won't ruin the car by towing with it. Plus I already have a big truck. I just thought it would be cool to pull my RX3 with a laid out 620 or maybe even a REPU. I have one of those as well. I know about rotaries though. I also have two RX-3s in the garage. :D:D

But I just want to be that guy that rolls up to the track pulling a vintage japanese car with an equally vintage japanese truck. Nothing wrong with that right? maybe later a braked upgrade and a SR20 swap???

Here is a picture of my 61 Unibody F100. Everyone told me not to tow with this too. But it does okay. Just stopping gets sketchy sometimes. I need to upgrade the brakes eventually.

100_4948.jpg

But I just want to be that guy that rolls up to the track pulling a vintage japanese car with an equally vintage japanese truck. Nothing wrong with that right? maybe later a braked upgrade and a SR20 swap???

Here is a picture of my 61 Unibody F100. Everyone told me not to tow with this too. But it does okay. Just stopping gets sketchy sometimes. I need to upgrade the brakes eventually.

I run a vintage tow package too, two 72's:

race-15.jpg?t=1253058835

Think i'm about to put my 521 up for sale. One of the most solid one's i've ever seen. Not sure how good of a tow vehicle it would be though.

Truck.jpg

DSC01530.jpg

DSC01531.jpg

Every bit of patina is surface. Zero rot.

Sad to say though, I missed the photos of the Cosmo and the location of it. :(

Edited by Glides

Glides,

Thanks for the offer, but the logistics of this deal wouldn't work for me. I'm in So-Cal. Your little truck is cool though. If you were closer I'm sure we could have worked something out.

Here is a picture of my Cosmo though. If anyone is interested in it. PM me I'm sure we can work something out on it. I'd love a 73?/74 610 or a 620 truck.

100_6294.jpg

But I just want to be that guy that rolls up to the track pulling a vintage japanese car with an equally vintage japanese truck.

I thought this too!!!!!!!in macthing color yellow

put a hitch on my yellow 510 and tow my yamaha 2 stroke RZ350 around also

that Cosmo and RX#s are the shit. keep them.

Whne I was in Australia those thing are wicked and they had a sound like a chain saw(at least the pumped up Aussies ones that I heard. Im a big RX4 Fan

1975RD350_thumb.jpg

HPIM0261_thumb.jpg

KennyRobertsRZ_thumb.jpg

Edited by banzai510(hainz)

No doubt that they sound amazing. But I've always compared them to 2-Stroke motorcycles. But its the bridgeports that sound pretty mean. Or as the Aussies say Bridgy.

I ran a D-Bridge in my old 74 RX-4 that I sold thanks to some shoddy work by a local shop on the engine. I've now built a j-bridge for my current rx-3. This motor sounds amazing and I just need a few more thing to get that one on the track. The streetport in the cosmo sounds good though. Once I put a good exhaust on it, you'll definately get a nice brap out of it too.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.