Here's a pic of my Pontiac and my trailer

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks BRE510. I sometimes think it would be cool to put a hitch on the Pontiac so I could tow the trailer. It probably was common back in the day for a car to tow a trailer two years older. Here's a later pic of my "77 620 KC and my '02 rolla daily driver some days later. Sorry, the pic is blurred. Maybe the beverage I was drinking had something to do with it!

Dan

downsized_0826091818.jpg

Edited by stevensonDNL

datzenmike:

I'll bet it was ten years ago when I motored up with several other vintage Pontiacs from Washington State to attend an all-Pontiac car show in Langley, BC. We had one heck of a good time looking over each others' cars, it was great fun for all. Your '65 Laurentian of course had no direct equivalent model in the US, and actually was built with a chevy chassis and drivetrain, tailored for your Canadian market. I've never heard of a Pontiac called a "Pawn ticket" before, that's a good one!

Dan

The term 'Pawn Ticket' was first coined by my good friend Garth Brooks (no not that one) back in the very early '70s. He had wrapped an old Firebird (not his) around a tree when he was 16, (barely survived) and liked to call my Laurentian the 'Pawn ticket'. He also called his Chevy II a 'Chevy Twice' and if you asked him a question that anyone else would answer 'might as well' he would say 'Marcus Welby'. 'Too bad' became 'tea bags', 'where were you?' was answered with 'where you are was' and on and on. If asked, I think he would say it's his way of trying to shape the world to fit him rather than the other way 'round. I like to call them Garth-isms. In spite of a previous wild lifestyle, strippers, a failed marriage, some serious drinking, personal tragedy and motorcycle accidents, (one very serious) he survives to this day with the love of his life, his wife, on a small hobby farm near Rice lake Ontario. Shine on you crazy diamond.

Edited by datzenmike