On board air for your L series motor

oldsklminitrk

Ok this thread might take a while but Im gonna post on how to do onboard air with your L series motor.First I went out and got an old a/c system out of a 620 with a L20.

DSCF1401.jpg

DSCF1400.jpg

Next is getting it all mounted up.

DSCF1426.jpg

DSCF1425.jpg

Now I have to build a new hood because the compressor sits up to high....so now Im gonna build a new hood and Ill finish this thread

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are much smaller compressors with brackets to fit L series engines! And they conusme much less HP.

That looks like an old York compressor installed on Datsuns in the 70s. It will feel like you have the brakes on when it engages. They were designed for Chevy 350s.

Look around a bit more... somebody will know better than me, but the name Yenko or Senko comes to mind.

I found a $40 NOS bracket somewhere a few years ago and a $35 compressor at the JY. Replaced the York on my L16 and couldn't believe the difference.

There are much smaller compressors with brackets to fit L series engines! And they conusme much less HP.

That looks like an old York compressor installed on Datsuns in the 70s. It will feel like you have the brakes on when it engages. They were designed for Chevy 350s.

Look around a bit more... somebody will know better than me, but the name Yenko or Senko comes to mind.

I found a $40 NOS bracket somewhere a few years ago and a $35 compressor at the JY. Replaced the York on my L16 and couldn't believe the difference.

Yeah I tried doing that setup on my truck but with all the relocating and moving around of stuff that bracket will hit the steering box.Most trucks that lay out like mine have issues with everything that gets in the way....alot of relocating.I have used this on my Toyota and several other vehicles....they dont drag your engine down that much.