79 620's dont have t/c rods?

SHADY280

hey guys im swapping my 75's front brakes for hardbody discs with beebani's control arms and was looking about. the 75 has t/c rods, and the 78/79 lower control arms dont have a spot for them, does this just mean i delete them? it looks to me like the later model control arms are mounted much more solid than the early ones.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

even larger?? wow, oh well, im at the mercy, i still have to swap the front suspention, trans and mount the seats and radio, cluster, tach, elec fan and elec fuel pump, as well as a 280zx alternator. i got some time id say. the truck can still move without those, just not very much. got any pix anyone incase i want to fab them.

and how do the torsion bars come out, i got miune to jiggle, but they wont slide out towards the rear, am i doing it wrong?

Originally Posted by Bleach View Post

How to Re-index Torsion Bars

in front of the middle cross member, you pull the boot forward to reveal the lock ring

rebuild62.jpg

Work a thin screwdriver into the edge of the ring. It will be tight. I had to work the angle back and forth while occasionally tapping the back of the handle with a hammer

rebuild63.jpg

Once you get under the ring, work it out slightly. Do not pull the screwdriver away or the ring will pop back on

rebuild64.jpg

After you have worked it off part way, use some pliers to pull the ring off the rest of the way. Be sure to still keep the screwdriver under the lock ring.

rebuild65.jpg

Tap the rear arm of that holds the adjuster bolt out of the crossmember. Hang onto the torsion bar

i got them out, thx for the info, and i found pix of the t/c rod on glengemans swap in the how to section. to get the lower control arm off i had to cut one side and torch the rubber part of the bushing out, then cut the inner sleeve of the bushing to save the torsion bar bolt with the indexing head on it. good thing im not saving those lower arms and going to the later model ones.