Ratsun twitterati

Fuck...Sorry I brought it up.

With hash tag posts it becomes a forum. No different from this one except it is mobile.

I own a restaurant and use it tell people about our food and drink specials for the day. We show movies and have DJ's sometimes and I can post times and themes. Every time I do, it reaches about 500 people. Real people. People I see sitting at my tables, eating, and talking with their families and friends.

Cheap advertising..... no, fucking free advertising.

In the end it's a tool for whatever the person using it wants it to be. If people don't like it, fine. I don't like a lot of things but I also don't waste my time ranting about it.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its the can't comprehend words and sentences properly gold medal lol. Listing the definition of the word you alone posted changes nothing. Nor does posting joke innuendo at the end of each post or assuming I mean things then responding to your own assumptions.

What I posted is what I meant and that's all I have to say on it.

It also wasn't a rant, a rant is one sided, we had a conversation/argument and now it's over. If that is a rant then I guess don't ever disagree with someone, very twitter ideal. So is thinking voicing an opinion even if it is one sided is a waste of time esp when it ate up a whole 10min to have.

Edited by 72240z

Well shit, I help people all day long, yet I detest most people, and I'll throw it right out there. Mainly just stupid people who don't have much better to do than breathe. Not that it's their fault. Stupid people just can't help but be stupid. Usually they weren't ever taught they could actually do something with their lives, so they don't.

Aside from that, the reason twitter, myspace, facebook, and all the rest of that shit is so incredibly vile is because it drives people farther apart under the guise of bringing people closer together.

Look back even 10 years. If you wanted to do something, what did you do? You called a buddy. Or you just stopped by. Or you sent an email. People didn't need instant gratification, they got together and did stuff for the hell of it. Now, you have an electronic leash up everyone's ass to make sure you "stay connected." God forbid you might miss something while you're not actually there!

The sole purpose of social networking sites is not really to connect people; it's to exploit insecurities and attempt to make everyday life like high school, due to the insecure mouse people on each end. Most of the time, the people interacting don't want to do anything with each other, other than talk. Making them scared to actually commit to PLANNING a trip, function, or impromptu event.

You know how I organize a function with my buddies? I call them up, we make a plan about a week or two in advance, and we stick with it. That's for official functions. If it's just fucking around, I call them or they call me, and we go out to the ORV area or bbq or do whatever. You notice, there's a definite "doing" that happens. Not a smatter of conversation about meaningless crap that happened only to be discussed via electronics.

So many people today can't see the forest for the trees, as they're babbling along in their little electronic cocoon, talking with someone on a cell phone or what have you, when they could just ACTUALLY BE in the other person's presence, thus negating the electronic device altogether.

And then the preparedness comes in. Have you ever seen someone stuck in a ditch in the middle of winter with no coat, sitting in their car waiting for someone to come rescue them? All winter I see it. It continually amazes me. You know why they do that? Electronics. Being connected ALL THE FUCKING TIME, so they have no clue about preparing for imminent death or possible frostbite. They know instant gratification though. Oh, I'll just call AAA, or oh, I'll just twitter a buddy, help I'm stuck in a snowbank!

Is it just me, or are most people helpless zombies, stuck in their own little worlds denying reality with the constant barrage of electronic stimulus? Maybe I'm just getting old, but I'm damn sure happier not having to pay attention to anything but the phone and a few emails.