Carrier bearing spacers

Guest DatsuNoob

Guest DatsuNoob

I have to make one for my truck, and was wondering if anyone else needs one while I'm at it. I know they're not rocket science to make, but I was thinking I could make up a few and sell them fairly cheap to the guys who either dont have a welder, or just want something that's already figured out for a direct bolt-on. I'm thinking they'll be right around 1" or 1 1/4". Anybody interested?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DatsuNoob

What? :blink:, I think that clutch sleeve you sent me is gonna work, I'm talking about correcting the pinion angle of the driveline on a lowered 620 by raising it somewhere between 3/4" and 1 1/4".

Guest DatsuNoob

Mine will be made of 1/8" wall sq tubing capped on the ends, stiffened up with some flat stock, and drilled out with a double margin bit, close tolerance reamer, then painted. I like everything overkill :D, and can lay a clean weld. Like I said not rocket science, just thought I'd make a few while I'm at it. Maybe $15 and shipping.

• 1 month later...

Lowes sells that stuff, its not too expensive, a hell of a lot cheaper than a felony by any means (a stop sign is in Wa... dont know about street signs). You can also go to a recycling place and offer them a couple bucks for a chunk of metal out of their scrap pile, some of the smaller locally owned places up here are pretty cool about doing that, its also a good way to get plate steel for small projects...

sounds like it would work good, but if you really want overkill go to the metalshop or machine shop and find some scrap solid aluminum the just cut it to size and drill shabam!!! awesome blocks for your carrier bearing, or just go get a one piece driveshaft and you have it made!!!

QUOTE=DatsuNoob;185334]Mine will be made of 1/8" wall sq tubing capped on the ends, stiffened up with some flat stock, and drilled out with a double margin bit, close tolerance reamer, then painted. I like everything overkill :D, and can lay a clean weld. Like I said not rocket science, just thought I'd make a few while I'm at it. Maybe $15 and shipping.

• 2 weeks later...