Turn Signal indicators & Lighting issues

I have a 521 with a weird electrical problem. I have good Headlights tail, brake, & running lights. BUT when you use the turn signal either right or left all the lights blink????? Even both turn indicators in the dash both blink on and off. Is this a ground problem? I have looked at all the bulbs & replaced any with corrosion. Any help would be great. Thanks

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK more fun stuff!!!!! When i step on the brakes the turn signal indicators in the dash come on? Both sides. And the front turn signals have a very low glow. both sides. Pulled front bulbs & cleaned. No change. Should the dash cluster have a ground wire on it? If so where would it hook to? From Chassis to ? what part of the metal on the cluster? If you can help with this PLEASE HELP. Also does anybody have a good color wiring Diagram for the rear lights????? And what bulbs to use? Im using 1157's thats what the truck had when i bought it. I want to rule out the rear lights as the culprit. Thanks again

Found the problem guys!!! I couldnt believe it. Well after many goings over the dash & rear light harnesss[which is a mess in its own right]. I decide to check the whole harness once again. From rear to front. Right behind the muffler their is a frame clip that holds the wiring. Well that clip was buried into the wires. OMG!!!!!!!!! Yea grounding out the power wires, not good. Cut wires put in temp wires to see if that was the problem. Yep all my lights now work. Now to make a new wiring harness next on the to do list. I would like to say thanks to Pacific Coast Datsun for the wiring Diagrams. My manual is not correct. Its helping me get it right. Again thanks to everyone that tried to help. Troy