Datsun with no title?

Ecotec

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So my buddy is looking at a nice 2dr datsun with a good price, however the owner does not have a title, is this going to be a problem, how do you go about getting a new title? I have no clue. Hes in colorado btw.

if the guy who's selling the car is the registered owner and just lost the title, he can issue a bill of sale and it should be pretty easy to register:)

Just a heads up. The laws are changing in regards to getting a title through one of those companys that buys your car,gets a title and then sells it back to you with paperwork. I just sent my application to ITS title in Las Vegas for my 66 roadster, $130 and a week later i will have the paperwork needed to get a title in Oregon ( Here in OR if you don't have a title for your car you can't get it registered, period) So if you need a title, do it before the end of the month:)

a rebiult title means the "owner" had to junk the title.... if the guy does not have a title, and cant get one.... then he doesnt own the car or has a lien against it.... ok..... so you can use it for parts and hope you never get sued or arrested for buying and scraping a car thats not yours or you could...hmmmmmm....... have #s? either way if you cant get it out of the previous owners name.... everything you do to it is illegal........ even taking it home.... be careful

I don't know about a rebuilders title, if it was me i would call the dmv in your state and give them the vin# and say you are looking to buy this car and wanted to know if there are any issues with the vin#(lien) Is the car from your state? if not i would go through one of those title companys and be sweet after that, if it is in CO dmv then i presume there are ways of getting a title (ownership in doubt, bonded title) other than that good luck!