510 pulling to left.

HRH

Okay, so now that I've taken the 510 down here for the Canby Datsun meet/autocross, I've noticed it pulls to the left pretty well. It pulled to the left before I put all the new suspension on it.

I have a few ideas:

Tension rods (don't look bent, new bushings)

Coilovers (Ground Control with non Eibach springs in them)

Front swaybar ends seem to be twisted a little bit, not exactly symmetrical

Twisted unibody?

Anybody have any ideas I haven't though of yet? I have enough tools to fix it before the autocross tomorrow morning, aside from getting it mapped out at a body shop to see if it's somehow bent, but the only place it's been hit is in the rear quarter, and that didn't get into the body, windshield fit fine, front end doesn't appear to have been hit before.

Any good racecar shops around here than can do an alignment/check unibodys? Of course, they probably won't be open on Saturday and I didn't come this far not to autocross so that's probably a moot point.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if your body was tweaked or bent it could be aligned so that it doesnt do that, if thats the case

dunno, my toe was out and it just tried to steer itself, only time it pulled was if the car was leaning (slanted roads etc)

tire rub maybe?

right side toe fine but left side off? not sure lol

a few thoughts and ideas, If i were you, u could probably take it to the races tomorrow and maybe to schwab afterwards for a free checkup then just fix yourself

Yeah, that's the funny part, tightening the LF tension rod makes it worse. Think it may be something with the tie rods. I know there's some less than new parts there. Had all the tie rods, but didn't have enough time to install. I think the middle pieces might be slightly bent, but can't tell from all the old grease built up on them. The tie rods and decently tight however. It's not like I have a crapton of slop. I do probably need to tighten up the steering box. Think I'll start with that tomorrow morning and then dick with the tc rods a bit more.

Yeah, I tried dinking with both, so far haven't gotten anything good out of it. But my normal alignment guy wasn't at my buddy's shop the other day, think I may take a tape measure and do a toe set myself tomorrow. I almost think it's just that, but not any tire wear to speak of. Or at least I haven't paid attention, but I have been running junk tires lately since I've been working on everything else.

Hey now, that's a good idea. And about the easiest to do. I'll give that a shot tomorrow. It would be nice if it's just tires.

ya i was thinking about what we do when the pull and alignment is good ( see ya at canby have fun at the autocross)

Remind me to buy you a beer or something at Canby! Swapped front tires and magically, pull was gone, with only a very slight little pull to the other side. Enough to ignore. So looks like new tires are also on the list.

Had a blast at the autocross though the course was shall we say "not flow-friendly"...I gymkhanaed it up though, with a little bit of drifting mixed in. :D