Gone Fishin'

Hey all you Dato Rats I've been healing up and went out on the boat for a few joy rides and to learn the ropes in the wheelhouse.:)

Just thought I'd let ya know ... that's where I've been.

Pic of our first set this season ........ Yaaaa Baby!!

IMG_0195.jpg

And a Buddy looking for a free meal :)

IMG_0193.jpg

Hope everyone is happy, healthy and having fun!

Peace Wharf

Edited by Wharf Rat
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wheel house? Does that mean you don't have to go out in that tiny boat any more Warf?

Glad you gave us an update, I was wondering where you've been!

Well it looks like I'm going to be the Shore engineer/Back up Captain after the shoulder heals up.

We have had a change, so yep it looks like I get to run the big girl:)

How have you been fisch? I'm not driving my 411 ......

Datto, I'm glad I don't have to know all that stuff and only need a vessel op permit to do my gig, I am glad that I learned how to nav before the comp programs they have now. When I set a course I will allow for the tide and runner. I used a paper machine way back when .... now I love my ploting radar and GD180, toys toys toys. Four computers and seven flatscreens.

Good Luck my friend

Datto, I'm glad I don't have to know all that stuff and only need a vessel op permit to do my gig, I am glad that I learned how to nav before the comp programs they have now. When I set a course I will allow for the tide and runner. I used a paper machine way back when .... now I love my ploting radar and GD180, toys toys toys. Four computers and seven flatscreens.

Good Luck my friend

I hear ya man. Most of the stuff the Coast Guard requires me to learn is old technology. For the Unlimited Oceans endorsment I have to take a 80 hr class on celestial navigation! :confused: I do however have a lot of respect for the old timers who actually practice oldschool navagation. Few people understand that seamanship is an art.