Got the 510 dyno tuned.

cjr198car

I made these numbers yesterday while tuning the VG NA and with N20. I was on a mustang dyno, these typically put down 10-15% less than a dynojet.

Well on the nitrous with a .046 jet ("80" hp shot) @ 950 psi bottle pressure I layed down:

222 whp

314 wtq

My setup is a stock VG30E, and im talking totally stock.

stock plugs (stock gap)

stock 200sx cast manifolds

stock cams

stock heads

stock 200sx intake plenum

stock injectors

stock flywheel

NOS dry kit with an adjustable bleed off "T" to adjust regulator fuel pressure

TEC3 for ignition

TEC3 for tuning

Off the bottle I laid down:

140 whp (82 whp gain on the N20)

173 wtq (141 wtq gain on the N20)

3557136822_7c5761b9eb.jpg?v=0

Fun stuff. Instead of doing cams, headers, cam gears, plenum spacer, and head work for 180-200 whp and 210-230 wtq (NA) Im going to just start putting together a turbo kit (I have experience with turbo cars). I want a solid 300 whp and 350 wtq.

-cjr198car

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Benzo,

The graph spikes with the nitrous. The hp stays in the low 200 whp till about 5500 rpm then falls off. The torque carries in the high 200-low 300 wtq till about 4500 rpm then falls off.

This nitrous use is a perfect example of why you want more intake and exhaust flow. The engine is choking up on the plenum, exhaust manifolds, and cams. Like I said im probably not going to play around with anymore engine mods till a turbo.

I now know when I go drag racing to shift at about 5500 rpms opposed to the 6000-6250 I was revving to (ill make more shifts, but Ill be in the sweet spot longer).

Its a great street car, and on the juice its nasty. nothing like a 141 wtq hit at 3000 rpms.

Thanks guys!

-cjr198car

That is one thing I like about Nitrous. lots of fun and not very expensive to start off and makes things interesting. I make good hp on my Lseries but I do remember driving turbo or Nitrous motors and it was lots of fun. you have the all around package. clean car. strong motor. have fun.

Oh one thing i noticed and correct me if I am wrong. I think I see the nitrous nozzle close to the the throttle body. I notice that when you move the nozzle closer toward the filter the nitrous is smoother and lets the mixture atomize better. I used to do Nitrous on Ford Probe V6's and it made a difference and also on Hondas with dry kits unless you switch to Wet system or direct port. Have you looked at hogging out the throttle body and extrude honing the intake man.

Edited by benzo

Benzo,

Thanks!

I havent played with distance from the throttle body (I can see what you're saying on placement). I have it placed about three to four inches from the throttle body (this was reccommended by nitrous supply), if I get ambitious ill play around with distances.

The throttle body is restrictive, but I havent invested anytime into looking for a larger replacement (definitely on the to do list)

I just purchased an extra upper plenum gasket and will be making a 3/4 inch spacer (using the gasket as my guide) to increase plenum volume.

The other main restrictions are the 200sx cast manifolds and cams, but like I said it will be a turbo motor next year so Im not worried about the manifolds right now.

-cjr198car

Nitrous can be very entertaining, I ran a 120 rwh shot on an all JY parts 3 liter L series stroker. My 510 ran a best of 12.55 @110 with a 120 rwh shot . The car had a seriously resitrictive Bosch CIS injection system, changing to MAP based SDS injection rather than the CIS setup netted 35 rwh and .3 at the strip. The same shot on a mild (BUILT) 3 liter turbo motor turned into a over 200 rwh shot and netted a best E.T. of 10.96 @127.

A friend with a bone stock 86 z31et ran 12.7 @111 using a 100 rwh N20 shot . The only mods to the motor were a KA24 TB and an exhaust cutout right after the stock downpipe. The car also had a welded R200 and E.T. Street tires , taking a thousand pounds of weight out of a similar setup should yield a VERY fast 510.

Edited by 510six

Bleach,

Stock fuel. TEC3 engine management (this system uses a map sensor instead of a maf).

510six,

Thats awesome! I appreciate the help on the rear end setup. With the right tires Ill be looking for high twelves. Here is a video of me doing 8.5's in the 1/8th with a .042 jet (im running a .046 jet now).

(no spray until I hooked, 2.1 60 foot on my 205 falken 512 street tires)

-cjr198car (colton)

Edited by cjr198car
Bleach,

Stock fuel. TEC3 engine management (this system uses a map sensor instead of a maf).

510six,

Thats awesome! I appreciate the help on the rear end setup. With the right tires Ill be looking for high twelves. Here is a video of me doing 8.5's in the 1/8th with a .042 jet (im running a .046 jet now).

(no spray until I hooked, 2.1 60 foot on my 205 falken 512 street tires)

-cjr198car (colton)

With 222 rwh and some sticky tires low 12's should be very possible, when I ran 12.55 it was with 256 rwh and 288 fpt . With a stock turbo VG30et running 9-10psi and a 80 rwh shot (which will probably turn into a 120rwh shot) , I see testing the limits of the stock components will be the problem.