Zombro

I started my build on ODPL, but as I am working on it more I might as well make one here as well.

Here is Zombro. He hopefully is getting a new motor in him this week.

How I got him at the end of 2008.

datty72005.jpg

datty72010.jpg

datty72007.jpg

datty72009.jpg

datty72002.jpg

I drove it with a rough idle for a bit running on 3 cylinders. Bought a parts truck and Hopefully tomorrow will be nice enough for me to do some work.

0530091322.jpg

Put Flares and flaps on.

0530091318c.jpg

0530091318a.jpg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pulled the parts motor today. Cleaned up the block a bit until I could see the pretty blue motor block.

Tomorrow I should be getting the "new" motor to my house and pulling the other one. I will try to post the pictures sunday night.

Feels good when everything goes smoothly. So far so good.

Cornering lamps, bumpers, front aprons, headlight cases and grilles are consistent between the 1983-1986 models. 4 different hoods were used on the 720 but the '83-'84 are a match as is the box. Most other body parts such as doors are interchangeable between any model year. Oh yeah, a door with power window option can't be converted to windup and visa versa.

Didn't get anything done yesterday, I had an awesome cookout with guys from my Graduating class.

Moved the motor during work today. Depending on the condition of the clutch on zombro's motor I may have to get a new one.

Doesn't this use the same clutch as a ka24e?

Edited by Zombro
  • 1 year later...

Long story short on the motor so far. First motor ran on 3 cylinders, swapped in a motor that was out of time and ran on three cylinders that was recently "rebuilt", I am about done rebuilding the original motor ( head refreshed, block is perfect, new gaskets and water pump.)

Initial cleaning. It had been sitting under a tree for a while, also I started cleaning up the bay. I plan on getting it as white with light cleaning as I can and touch up missing paint spots.

DSCN7430-1.jpg

DSCN7429-1.jpg

DSCN7428-1.jpg

DSCN7427-1.jpg

DSCN7426-2.jpg

BMC could use some love.

DSCN7425-1.jpg

DSCN7424-1.jpg

Here's the pretty clean z24.

DSCN7415-1.jpg

Last Time I updated on Ratsun I posted in the wrong thread( http://community.ratsun.net/topic/11256-84-720-pathfinder/page__p__150002__hl__zombro__fromsearch__1#entry150002 ), so I will update in the right place this time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...