clutch won't disengage

Guest Rick-rat

Guest Rick-rat

Went to go for a ride in my truck and when I tried to start it was still in gear with clutch pedal pushed down. looked underneath and found that the slave cylinder was leaking, put on another one but still does not work. It looks like the slave cylinder is fully extended, can push it in but it just comes all the way back to fully extended when I let it go. when i push it in and have someone push on the clutch pedal I can feel the rod trying to extend.

Has anyone had this happen to them??

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to go for a ride in my truck and when I tried to start it was still in gear with clutch pedal pushed down. looked underneath and found that the slave cylinder was leaking, put on another one but still does not work. It looks like the slave cylinder is fully extended, can push it in but it just comes all the way back to fully extended when I let it go. when i push it in and have someone push on the clutch pedal I can feel the rod trying to extend.

Has anyone had this happen to them??

Did You bleed it?

Dave, 620 Slave rods aren't adjustable. They are a solid pin. Only adjustment is the yoke at the master end. 521 ones had the threaded rod, but even my Mom's '73 620 just has the ball socket end.

Rick, what kind of motion is going on? Any pressure plate spring tension at all? What does the arm at the clutch end feel like (it should be forcing the pushrod back into the slave with significant pressure). If the "fork" is loose and not pushing against the slave rod at all, either you have the wrong length slave rod (which woul dbe obvious) or the fork is bent or has come off the throwout collar.

If you get normal fork motion and can feel the pressure plate "spring" at the pedal, yet the clutch STILL won't disengage, how long has this been sitting? I've had clutches rust to the flywheel/pressure plate and get stuck. I've also had clutch discs delaminate and stick as well.

Guest Rick-rat

the fork moves freely but when it does finally contact the pressure plate it is bac so far that the slave rod is fully extended, something inside must have happened