I Think I'm Turning Japaneeza!!!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yea those are "yankee" style it's been around since the early 90's and is catching on more and more with the garage-tinkerer types in japan. it's interesting to say the least... i can say i respect the dedication that it takes to drive something like that, and the time it takes to graft all that fibreglass on and make it sturdy enough to drive around with, but yea... it's odd.

521lvr: haha i have that same link bookmarked on my comp, i have looked through most of it. it's funny tho but the more i look at that stuff the less i care about the big budget show cars and race cars as i care about the personal street rides that are showcased at some of those shows. someone else on here (i forget who... sorry) mentioned that going to sema only made them more appreciative of the street cars they saw at local shows. the more i look at pics from the tokyo auto salon and sema and alot of the vehicles at HIN and stuff like that... it just makes me happier that i can go to a lost in the 50's cruz every month and look at the same locally owned muscle cars and hot rods and bugs that i saw the month before. i guess because, yea those race cars have some cool fab work and they're fast and handle great on a race course and all that, but it's not like i'm ever EVER going to be driving a gt class R34, or even a stock R34. but i could own a hot rod one day (a fibreglass body of course). i could own a pony car and fix it up sorta nice. i do own an old datsun that might not be fast or handle the best, but damn if it's not different and get some automatic cool points with just about everybody that sees it. and on top of that it's systems are simple enough that i can work on them myself out in the driveway and i'm not gonna get totally lost or overwhelmed when i get into something.

HAHA no i def think it's ugly. then again i know some people that have some interesting opinions about vehicles. i was showing my ex-gf some pics of an s10 that layed frame on 22's and she was like that is so stupid and ugly, what's the point of having a truck that sits so low you can't even drive it. then i explained what an airbag suspension was and even then she was like that's stupid. on the opposite page was a truck that was lifted like 10" and had 40" tires or something like that and she loved that. i guess that's what happens when you grow up in a lil mountain town. i like some lifted trucks too. but i just thought it was funny she thought it was sooo stupid to have a lowered truck but thought it was perfectly normal to have those big ass tires and live in a city. idk. people have funny tastes sometimes.

V-dot.. the crown is 1 reason I posted the link. the pics of yours inspired me. very cool cars.

I know some of them are crazy but still you have to appreciate the work involved. and creativity.

I would like to have 1 of those old skylines with the pointed hood. Nothin like that in the states.

Oil coolers mounted on the front bumper like an after thought just looks mean to me.

I have an 84 200sxt that I am seriously thinking of doing something like this to.

It will get strange looks but no one else will have 1. besides, I think I need a platform to stand on when under the bonnet.?