Rare Datsuns at April NWDE meeting

wow, we had two unique trucks and a 73 Violet show up, all really nice vehicles.

One was a 78 - 82? Deisel truck that was a pilot vehicle, and had absolutely every accessory possible on it and a cute antique visor over the windshield and was in great shape, just had to see it. Will try to get some pics.

Next was a local guy's 73? 1200 truck, looks like a mini El Camino, all one piece body style and RIGHT HAND DRIVE in nearly mint condition, really snazzy blue paint too. Incredible truck.

And finally one of our young fellows (16 yrs ) bought a 710 Violet in near perfect condition for $900!

And finally one of the finest PL 411 in the US and yes, I have seen many of them. This guy got it free from an older neighbor about 7 years ago and I sold him some parts to get it complete. It was always garaged and the paint shines just like new. Interior is perfect, all original, proud owner.

We all stayed outside on a warm evening checking out the Datsuns for a long time. Looking forward to what our next meeting will bring out.

We had a few other Datsuns show up and the club keeps getting more folks showing up. If anyone wants any info, please get in touch with me.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, we had two unique trucks and a 73 Violet show up, all really nice vehicles.

One was a 78 - 82? Deisel truck that was a pilot vehicle, and had absolutely every accessory possible on it and a cute antique visor over the windshield and was in great shape, just had to see it. Will try to get some pics.

78-82 is 2 different models no? 620 until 79 then 720 on?

81+ 720's came with a sd22 diesel as an option stateside then sd25's in 83. Cool but not really rare. If its earlier then that, like a 620 would be really nice.

Next was a local guy's 73? 1200 truck, looks like a mini El Camino, all one piece body style and RIGHT HAND DRIVE in nearly mint condition, really snazzy blue paint too. Incredible truck.

Did any ute's come left hand drive? I thought everyone that got them was rhd. I think the ute and the nl tie for 1st as my fav datsun trucks. The ute is cute as a button, I love it.

Edited by 72240z

The 710 was a '75 and the 720 was an '82 Diesel KC. And when she says it had every possible accessory... She means aftermarket. It had a Mack Truck bulldog on the hood, curb feelers, the sun visor, extra logos on the fenders and tailgate, reverse beeper, and that's just outside.

The 1200 Ute was ggzilla's.