Extended cab 620 in the "builder" row at Pick & Pull, Rancho Cordova CA

BarryA

Info marked on the truck says it's a 75 (which would make it smog exempt), fender badges say it's a 1600. Looks very much like the photos a few threads down in the "crew cab dully" thread, except this one still has the seam in the roof. Pretty clean, no immediately apparent rust - P&P usually sells their builders pretty cheap, too......

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No luck................... Generic message with no information given out.

Barry A or Steve G, this is something that maybe You can help out with. I believe this is the dually that I looked at a month ago but could not tow at that time. It appears that sadly it is in the wrecking yard now as it had to be removed off the property by April 1st. I go on vacation in 2 weeks and could possibly come up with a trailer if it were purchased or Pick and Pull would hold it for Me (yeah, right). Sadly, this rare truck may just get cut up or crushed. Either of You have the time to see what is there, how much they want for it and maybe set it someplace for 2 weeks?? The only other option is to chance it and take a 10 hour drive up there in hopes that some if not all of it were still there. Thanks. Mike

This truck is currently painted sort of a biege metallic color, and doesn't look like it ever had dually fenders on it - it wasn't there last weekend, so it's got be a very recent arrival. Normally, vehicles sit in the builder row for at least 2-3 weeks before they go out to the yard, so I'd guess it's not in immediate danger of being stripped, and P&P has all their builders clearly tagged with notices NOT to take parts off them.

When I looked at it a couple of days ago it was very complete - nice, uncut dash panel, front seats replaced with what looked like Mazda 626 LX buckets, bench rear seat, everything still in place in the engine compartment, etc.

I'll probably be over there tomorrow am and will be happy to find out what they want for it, and whether they have any way to put it aside for a few days until it can be picked up. Unfortunately, I don't have storage space available (I already have 5 cars at a 2 car garage house), but if it's driveable, it might be possible to move it to a nearby storage yard that has parking spaces and stores vehicles.

I'll see if I can take a pocket digital camera over and get a few photos to e-mail to you - PM me an e-mail address, and I'll let you know what I find.

Barry

No luck................... Generic message with no information given out.

Barry A or Steve G, this is something that maybe You can help out with. I believe this is the dually that I looked at a month ago but could not tow at that time. It appears that sadly it is in the wrecking yard now as it had to be removed off the property by April 1st. I go on vacation in 2 weeks and could possibly come up with a trailer if it were purchased or Pick and Pull would hold it for Me (yeah, right). Sadly, this rare truck may just get cut up or crushed. Either of You have the time to see what is there, how much they want for it and maybe set it someplace for 2 weeks?? The only other option is to chance it and take a 10 hour drive up there in hopes that some if not all of it were still there. Thanks. Mike

Hi Barry,

Thank You!!! Yes, that sounds different. Naturally I assumed the worse as how rare would it be for two of those trucks would surface within a 20 mile area within a month?!?!?!? Anyway, Perry's truck was yellow and has been sprayed with black primer. The interior is a cross-stiched white naughahyde material. I believe kingcab buckets in front. No motor or trans. He had added a tow hitch to the front bumper, which is why I didn't tow it that day for freeway safety reasons. PICS, PICS, PICS PLEASE!!!! Thanks!!

try to get as many photos as possible.

Pretty intersting that two extended cab 620s have turned up around Sacramento at about the same time - I can't remember the last time I saw another one, on the street or not.

Off this topic a bit, but I also ran across a late 620 KC in a co-worker's neighborhood a couple of weeks ago - yellow paint faded to beige, appears to have original tape stripes, red 90 day temporary operating permit in the back window. Was parked on the street in the 5900 block of Hilltop Dr, about two blocks east of Manzanita (very close to Manzanita & Auburn) in Carmichael CA (Sacramento area). If anybody's interested, I can check to see if it's still there as well..........

• 2 months later...

Just the extension would really be worth getting. If any of You guys want it, by all means get it. If not, I may be able to get it from one of You if You remove it intact. I come up Your way every March. I know that is a ways off, but if any of You can get it and store it until March, please let Me know.

All I would be needing would be the whole complete fiberglass section, the front driveshaft (that is connected to the bottom extension floor underneath) and if it is still there, the rear bench seat. Thanks!!