620 Throttle Cable?? anyone?

Anyone got a throttle cable for a 620?? lol :o

I got a little heavy on the foot yesterday on my way to work and almost snapped mine...hahahaha I was lucky to have popped the hood before I left work. I would have made it part way home with no way to fix her, she was hanging by a couple of strands...I kid you not! :eek:

I guess this is all part of the fun. They don't make 35 yo cables like they used to. :lol:

This is what got me home...I found a box of odds and ends in one of our closets at work and made this.......

16gx6o5.jpg

2lx8so3.jpg

28i213t.jpg

I had to drill out a hole in the long nut thingy and find two screws that would fit with lock washers to lock the two cables in place. Then I had to find a way to lock the green cable in place so it did not pull out of the throttle cam. :rolleyes:

It was a scramble to figures it all out...but heck it worked!! :D

Let me know if you have one...thanks.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

simpsons_nelson_haha2uwr.jpg

Lokar makes a nice univ cable.

or try a MC shop for a cable (and make a better retainer nut ;) )

vpbv4y.jpg

I think I will try that. :D

Datto510: the failure happened at the throttle cam...it had a sharp burr on it I did not see before, so it was sawing on the wire. I have that fixed now. Thanks! ;)

I had to replace a cable on my '73 about a year ago, it stuck open on the way to work one morning. Interesting trip. Thought I'd just grab the one out of the '75 parts rig, way different firewall setup. Got one at Autozone, was $13.99

Got it!!

I LOVE Home Depot!! I will never break my throttle cable again. Check out what I got for 4.00.

See the size difference between the two wires here? The smaller one is the original size and the larger one is what I will be using in my truck.

mhyauh.jpg

These are electrical wire locker thingys. But they will do the trick and give me even more adjustability and they will fit into the throttle cam just right.

2m4xaw3.jpg

27yvdht.jpg

Not bad for a 4.00 fix. :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.