4 speed or dog leg tranny

Looking for 510 four speed or dog leg tranny for a good price. I have a tranny in the car now but its a long nose truck tranny and i will have to spend 125 bucks just to cut it down to put it in. Since I am going to working on a swap in a year or so and will have to have the driveline cut down also its not really worth paying to cut the DL down for the L motor. PLEASE pm me and let me know if you have one for a good prce locally thanks

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have the long tail truck tranny in it now, then the drive shaft has already been shortened... just get the more available truck, 280z/zx or Maxima 4 or 5 speed. Should drop in. If you go back to a 510 or dogleg you will have to lengthen the drive shaft again. You had better measure the tranny length to be sure of what you've got in there. The stock 510/dogleg tranny is 26.3" long.

Ya, I have two stock length drive lines and a truck tranny under the car. Its not the originall trans. I out it in because my car was origonally an auto when I got it so its never had a DL under it since I put the trans in......

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.