Aftemarket looking OEM wheel?

I got this wheel today....its got the NISSAN horn button and a OEM nissan stamp on the back of the wheel. What Nissan had a wheel the looked like that? Its pretty cool and in pretty good condiditon. The rubbers kinda brown but I bet there is a chemical that will make it black again. I have a momo wheel so Im gonna sell it....whats it worth?

P9270456.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got this wheel today....its got the NISSAN horn button and a OEM nissan stamp on the back of the wheel. What Nissan had a wheel the looked like that? Its pretty cool and in pretty good condiditon. The rubbers kinda brown but I bet there is a chemical that will make it black again. I have a momo wheel so Im gonna sell it....whats it worth?

P9270456.jpg

it should be leather with the stitching, and a dye will fix it but wear off again

That wheel is off a 720..to be more specific the ST model [had a few more bells & whistles] Keep it seeing as they are getting hard to find. I scored the same hub for my wagon @ the yard & believe it or not my Nardi wheel is the same bolt pattern. Did you grab the hub too or just the wheel. To clean it try using Simple green & a rag then a few light coats of viynl paint.

Does this HUB fit the 510 or the 620 too?

Could you measure the wheel and tell us how large it is? About 14.5-15" ?

You mention that you will be selling that one, what kind of condithion is the leather in besides faded, is it worn thin or have holes in it? how is the stitching?

I always watch for that wheel when at the junkyard. I like them.

Ya it fits both I would think....older nissan colums are the same, it bolted right up to my 510. The leather looks in good condition and the stitching too, I will look closer. It looks pretty good for a old stock wheel. Its very close to stock nissan size

Edited by SRSANDS
Guest jaimesix

Nice leather wheel.

Like it was said, leather dye will work. Any reputable shoe repair shop will have it.

You would be better off driving your car with driving gloves after you dye it, to preserve the color and keep it clean. You will not want to rub onot it once dyed for cleaning, and hadns oils will attack the dye.

I have a nice RaceMark wheel I scored in my 710. Unless it is cold and dry, I use small cottong gloves ( black ) for driving, it keeps the wheel clean like it was never used. What ruins leather wheels and vynil wheels is the hands oils.

Will look nice on your Datsun.

Jaime._____________________________________________________

Upon closer observation it not perfect.....the leather is nice but worn but not holey more so up top where hands were alot, the stitches are nice and tight, the leather on the spokes are average, the metal spokes in good cond not perfect, the allen heads slightly abused and its a 14"......anyone interested