Thinkin bout switching engines

ronnie93212

I wanna go fast/get better mpg/not spend money/throw out all sorts of ideas like an ADD meth addict/ but I really don't know what I want/ and I'm too lazy to search for the answers that have been posted to this same stupid shit over and over again.....sheesh!

You should swap in the small block Chevy because you can get it cheap. Never mind that it's too heavy and gets piss poor gas mileage compared to your L or a KA as you'll probably never finish the swap.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! I feel better now. :D

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanna go fast/get better mpg/not spend money/throw out all sorts of ideas like an ADD meth addict/ but I really don't know what I want/ and I'm too lazy to search for the answers that have been posted to this same stupid shit over and over again.....sheesh!

You should swap in the small block Chevy because you can get it cheap. Never mind that it's too heavy and gets piss poor gas mileage compared to your L or a KA as you'll probably never finish the swap.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! I feel better now. :D

:lol::lol:

I think that's kind of odd to say. Since ALL datsun trucks came with a 4 cylinder stock. Just about every I4 in a datsun truck comes in a car as well no?

So that said, the strongest, most efficient, most powerful, plentiful gas I4 nissan has available in this country seems worth the work to me.

Uh,no. Back when it was datsun some cars had the same motors as the trucks.The ka 24 from a car is different from the single cam version found in trucks as far as I know. From what I remember the oil pickup is different and the oil pan layout is not gonna fit. This is what I have read before so thats why I say to use the truck KA. But what do I know I just roll L motors.

If a single cam Z24E you need the oil pan/pickup from a KA24E that is found in the D-21 Hardbody.

Try SEARCH in the dark blue bar above and just right of center on this page. Type in KA24E swap get this: http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=40&highlight=KA24E+swap Start reading.

Search also works for a lot of other questions too.

Uh,no. Back when it was datsun some cars had the same motors as the trucks.The ka 24 from a car is different from the single cam version found in trucks as far as I know. From what I remember the oil pickup is different and the oil pan layout is not gonna fit. This is what I have read before so thats why I say to use the truck KA. But what do I know I just roll L motors.

I still say most all datsun truck motors are found in the cars but its moot. You said a lot of work for a car motor I took that to mean putting in a motor that was for a car. You mean the car version of the motor. Misunderstanding....

The '83-'86.5 720 with Z24, the '86.5-'88 D-21 Hardbody and WD-21 Pathfinder with the Z24i were both engines that were never available in cars. Technically you are right about Datsuns. By '83 Datsun was firmly renamed Nissan. :D

The corporate decision to remove the Datsun logo and switch to Nissan was made in the fall of '81 and badging changes lasted from '82-'84. I had an '84 Maxima that had equally sized DATSUN and NISSAN emblems on the back, one on each side. The badging didn't keep up with the name change. And they have always been Nissans as there was never a motor car company called DATSUN. I like the middle year... '83. It would be true to say the last DATSUN badge was used in '84.