new problem, ugh

today in an attempt to start my car while it was icy outside, my negative cable split itself in half. it was very hot to the touch and split right on the terminal. the ring is still around the battery but it snapped behind the ring. Anyways, why the hell did that happen? if i replace it is it just going to melt itself again?

FUCKING HATE ELECTRICAL SHIT:mad:

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

while it was icy outside, my negative cable split itself in half. It was very hot to the touch and split right on the terminal. The ring is still around the battery but it snapped behind the ring.

damn thats cold!

did it split like a banana or just at the ring terminal.

if it had poor connections before (old & corroded???) then the heat generated from that and the cold may have caused it to snap when the engine twisted.

fuse box connections good?

Edited by hang_510
damn thats cold!

did it split like a banana or just at the ring terminal.

if it had poor connections before (old & corroded???) then the heat generated from that and the cold may have caused it to snap when the engine twisted.

fuse box connections good?

connections good in fuse box. i forgot to mention the battery is relocated to the trunk. and it split where the wire is pressed into the connector ring thing.

split right in half. no corrosion. just like someone cut it. but it was extremely hot and split in half when i checked to see why it wasnt getting power. weetodddid. im gonna try getting a new ground cable and see if it happens again. it may just be an aged cable.

WHERE ARE YOU HAINZ

I would try a new Cable to ground.Fuck it Both NEW cables

Try to use the Molded battery cables with the nice ends. Not the ones you pc together. as i seem then fail or not start a car where you get that clicking.

I assume the Cable goes to chassis of the body to ground and hope you have another ground(thick cable maybe in the engine bay from chssis to the motor block/moto mount somewhere.

Ask Icehouse here. He can give a better insight..

if cable look old change it.

tighten + on starter also.

Im thinking the connection wasnt good and what was good had to many amps going thru it and got Hot.

I have seen not good grounds(on starter bolt) That what was used on my really old beater.

Snce battery is in trunk NEED for sure good grounds.

Change cable or cables and recheck the wires going in to the alternator and the ground there.

also if soem people are using a calble the carb sometimes those burn up as that becomes the ground.

I realy think you need to send that car to me,cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by banzai510(hainz)