Datsun Oil Cooler???

Docsis510

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For a stock engine... not needed, but won't hurt it either. There's no gain in hp or anything but it extends the life of your oil and engine.

The 280zx auto had them stock and I hear that a VW Golf/GTI (whatever) has one that spins on the stock filter mount and is cooled by running the heater return line through it. You'll note that the L series heater hose passes right past the oil filter. You could get one from the wreckers for $20-$50, less if the guy doesn't know what it is. All you would need is two gear clamps. How cheap is that???

I hear that a VW Golf/GTI (whatever) has one that spins on the stock filter mount and is cooled by running the heater return line through it. You'll note that the L series heater hose passes right past the oil filter. You could get one from the wreckers for $20-$50, less if the guy doesn't know what it is. All you would need is two gear clamps. How cheap is that???

yeah dont bother with the stock VW ones. they are prone to water leaks.... INTO your oil system. if you REALLY want a good cooler, go turbo volvo. those are the better ones as they actually use oil pressure to go through an oilair cooler. much better design and since its air cooled, no need for coolant anywhere near the oil.

the guy is selling it for 100. has the nice stainless lines and the small aluminum radiator. i have a L18. so if i get it it would only befor looks?

Pretty much for looks. Spend it on a good pair of shocks.