ok 510 electrical gurus HELP ME!!

So I got this crazy crack head wiring going to a internally regulated alt on my wagon, funny part is the external regulator is still hooked up. And their is 3 grounds going to the alt ground lug. The batt is charging very high up to 16 volts!! I removed the all the grounds and left 1 well then my headlights tail lights and shit didn't work so I rerouted that to ground to the body now they work (if its right I dunno??) Then I did the splice trick I read on the dime quarterley websight. After that the alt won't charge which side of the plug are you supposed to loop the yellow and white together and the white/red to the white/black??? I did mine on the voltage reg side of the plug? Icehouse told me a way to eliminate that whole ext voltage reg mess on a 510 but I totally forgot. Please help I'm a alt wiring retard!! And I still need to wire the ka alt in my other goon!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did loop the wires but I had no charge at all. I guessing the int reg on the alt is dead and the ext reg is working but it is causing the car to spike to almost 16v. and why in the hell would my headlights,and stereo, blink with my turn signals I hope this is all due to this alt issue! Its freaking annoying!!!!! And people look at ya weird when you headlights wink at folks Lol!! All the wiring is good, and intact exept the alt wiring is crackheadafied. If I went with a saturn alt could I just unplug and ditch the regulator then?

Edited by jesusno2

Well I spent all day cleaning connetions. Put all new brakes in the back reblead my whole system got a alt from a 80 hl510 from the yard. Now everything is working like it should my whole problem was my ground cable off my battery and I had to make a new chassis ground and clean all my connections its amazing how much better everything works lol! Still need to get a new battery mine just won't last long without the car running. But its got 14.0 volts with the all the lights and heater on. About 13.7 volt with the whole system taxed. Brights hazards going dome lights on heater cranked etc.