Another cylinder head question - is this a good deal?

rbastedo

There is a guy offering a head with intake & exhaust manifolds to me for $200.

"head $50 if you take it off..........intake man $75.....Exhaust man $75, couldnt find any cracks on either."

Appears to be an oval port head on an A14 engine.

I've got an A15 with a small round port head.

Should I bother with his stock intake & Ex. or should I get the head alone then find the intakes & exhaust I really want. Like dual side draft intakes and carbs and a header? ;) Guess I answered that part for myself while writing the question.

I had a picture of it somewhere, I'll try and find it and post it.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, how are things in Seaside?

I grew up down near Manzanita & Nehalem, spent a lot of time around Cannon Beach, Agate Beach, Gearhart. I love it down there, my dad still lives in the area so we get to visit once in a while.

Yes, so maybe if the head is in great shape give him $50 for it?

Hopefully I'll find the pictures soon so I can post them here.

seaside is still good :D

Economy is sucking tho so things are closing down, so far Sound Waves in warrenton, KB Toys, Big Dogs (never been in there but heard it shut down)

i tihnk a few other places shut down too its kinda getting bad. But theres still a buncha hot tourists here :)

Yes, I remember as a youth we enjoyed the "loop" - they probably don't allow kids to drive hot rods very slowly down to the beach and around the "loop" any more do they? It was great for seeing all those hot young tourists, making new friends, etc... What a great time to be young.

So that was like 35 years ago. :(

Yes, things are pretty bad like that all over. Big Dogs did go OOB. KB also, along with a lot of others. I talked with someone at the local BD store & she said it was WalMart that did it to them. They apparently have come out with a knock off of the BD clothing that's close enough to cause BD to lose business. Why pay $20 for a shirt at BD when you can get nearly the same thing at Wally's for $9.95??

yeah no doubt man. way cheaper

Actually, they still have the loop and they still allow you to cruise real slow up and down the strip, especially in the summer. The streets are always packed with cars going 1-2 mph up and down the loop. They have car shows that do it too. And if you are lucky enough you can get a parking spot there and watch all the cool cars come around. Its still really popular to do.

Anyways,

I think 200 for all that stuff your paying is a lil on hte high side, unless the head was rebuilt.