New mirrors

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The triangle part comes down towards door and 90 degree out to door edge. I had to cut a knotch on back side of chrome at top of door. Can't see cut from outside of car. I will be adding on inside of triangle part a small rubber flap like the window squeegy stuff.

Having difficulty addind pics to my album.

Can anyone tell me why I can't add more than 10 pics to my album?

I also am trying to add another album . It lets me add album but can't put pics in.

picture.php?albumid=172&pictureid=859

picture.php?albumid=172&pictureid=860

Edited by viper graphix
add pic

Glad you like it.

Well unfortunatly cleaning the window was an after thought. Actually after you said it.

Damn!!!

I could put the window felt on the vertical side of part I welded in to keep window somewhat clean. I have driven it and no noise at all with window up and down.

I wish I could say the same for the rest of car.

lol i do alot of custom graphics& designs so its the little things i look at before i even start. it seems its the biggest thing i miss normally though :mad:

you know the best way to take on a project such as this. Take the glass out, make your mirror panel, fit and form it to the door so it looks factory, move your slider frame the window rides into its new location where the mirror panel is, then trim your felt filler that goes in the track to fit.

after you've done this, cut a piece of card-board to the shape of your window, and then trim it so it fits, once you have your templet made, trace it out on your window. i cant remember who exactly we used to go through at my old shop but we had a company cut the windows to shape and shave the newly cut edge to a smooth finish and we'd re-install them in the newly shapped door.

i know it sounds like a lot of work but its the propper way to do it and still maintain a "factory" look and feel. :cool:

lol i do alot of custom graphics& designs so its the little things i look at before i even start. it seems its the biggest thing i miss normally though :mad:

you know the best way to take on a project such as this. Take the glass out, make your mirror panel, fit and form it to the door so it looks factory, move your slider frame the window rides into its new location where the mirror panel is, then trim your felt filler that goes in the track to fit.

after you've done this, cut a piece of card-board to the shape of your window, and then trim it so it fits, once you have your templet made, trace it out on your window. i cant remember who exactly we used to go through at my old shop but we had a company cut the windows to shape and shave the newly cut edge to a smooth finish and we'd re-install them in the newly shapped door.

i know it sounds like a lot of work but its the propper way to do it and still maintain a "factory" look and feel. :cool:

That would work great if the glass wasn't tempered. If you tried to cut down your oem class it would shatter. You could have some custom ones made and then have them tempered after, and that would work just fine, but it would be huge money, lol. Laminated glass like windshields and old hotrod side glass is no problem, but tempered safety glass not so much, lol.

It was a great thought though. (Sorry, I just didn't want to see someone kill thier oem glass trying to cut them down, lol.)

Edited by Creepy Cruiser

the PO did something similiar to the DS and its crap. no whistles (or bells).

the PS has a clamp on bracket that i have not been able to determine the source of. clamps to the frame and i just modded it to fit (baby tornados)

why clean? cant see throught that section anyways :lol:

the DS uses a 300zx strip, trimmed to fit.

i was contemplating welding a small bracket on the frame, but havent decided on that yet.

id prefer something less permanent, like the PS is.

I wanted the correct mirrors that would have come on it originally but didn't find any.

Like the one in this pic I ripped from somewhere on the site? Me too! I sifted through about 50-60 510 pics and this is the only stock one I found. My own 510 doesn't have the stock mirror. I do have a set (or two) but haven't gotten around to repairing the holes in the door(s), repainting, and mounting the real thing.

elfecc.no-ip.info510white_pl510sss001.jpg

1st off Creepy that is a killer gauge pod. I like the offthe wall stuff. Munsters Coach, Boot Hill Express and so on.

The mirrors that dgi listed a pic of are the mirrors I wonted but went with the bullets.

I think alot of the modern mirrors look good on 510's but not all.

I don't think anyone would put a stock 510 mirror on a new 350ZX or what ever .

It's the same thing just different.

I needed to get car legal so mirrors in Florida are a must. I waited long enough to get a 510 and not driving it was killing me. I purchased and installed.

I test drove it again today and did everything I could to make them whistle and thet didn't. Works for me.

But thanks for bringing that to my attention.

That would work great if the glass wasn't tempered. If you tried to cut down your oem class it would shatter. You could have some custom ones made and then have them tempered after, and that would work just fine, but it would be huge money, lol. Laminated glass like windshields and old hotrod side glass is no problem, but tempered safety glass not so much, lol.

It was a great thought though. (Sorry, I just didn't want to see someone kill thier oem glass trying to cut them down, lol.)

first off your wrong. did you miss the part where i said i took them in and had them done?

second they came out looking great either way. glad they didnt whistle on ya. that shit bugs the holy hell out of me... i have one on my daily right now i cant find so im going to be selling the car. :lol: