74 710

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i see what your saying. i have some friends who drive little b16 hondas, or some sr 240s, even supras. some of my friend have porsche's and my ex had her dads SLR Mercedes as her first car. i mean im still in high school but i love my 710. sure i have driven some really sweet cars in my young life but i wouldnt give up my car. and i plan on holding on to my 710 because there are very few 710's world wide. its a treasure of some kind to me and i respect it and its previous owner who is dear family friend. so i just plan on holding on to it no matter what.

i hear you my 11 year old wants it for her first car :eek:im 36 and had a lot ov very fast cars but theres just somthing about a truck it wouldent be so bad if it was moving faster but being a mechanic these days is hard to survive and if i could find parts easer i do agree these cars are rare especiley with a auto and a/c from what i have been told

yea of course, trucks for mechanics are like a must. add a couple parts, your carb, better plugs, wires, igniton coil, and a exhust and you have a fun little truck to drive around town with. yes, someone has to keep Datsun alive. fords and chevy well always be around but just like in cuba, everyone takes pride of there cars and learn new tricks to keep them going.

lots of work ahead as i can see...nice 710 same as fellow member jamiesix. mine is a 2 door sedan yours is a coupe. there are maybe my guess is around 4 710's on this forum, me being one of them! :)

I have the one in the southeast, only one that I have seen so far.

well i got a little done around the rear window tell i ran out of wire for the welder

74110028.jpg

74110029.jpg

74110034.jpg

74110028.jpg

74110038.jpg

74110037.jpg

i do have more pics but photobucket is wigging out all the rot around the botteh of the window is done minus primersealing it next is to find out ware and how to get a new windshild it is cracked and 1 spot of heavy rust :eek:

then i will be deleating the side markers and some costomtaile light inserts sense i am missing 1 and can not locate aney:(:(:(:(

Guest jaimesix

Reporting to base, all fellow Datsun 710 members report to base...:)

Good work. Although there is some rust, it does not seem serious. You are doing an excellent welding job, congratulations.

710s are cool, and amongst the rarer Datsuns today. A nice weld kept Datsun 710 is an eye catcher and soon its value will skyrocket.

Keep us posted.

Great day Datsun 710ers!!!!!

Jaime.______________________________________________________

well i probely wont be dowing aney work on it for a few weaks i am healping the wife deal with her grandmother dieing she was sent home today to die it has all been dumped in her lap with contacting the hole famely also trying to figure out how to tell a 5 year old that great grandma is gowing to die aney sugestions :(:confused::(:confused::(

Guest jaimesix

I am sorry to hear that bro.

I hope grandma heals back. If not, hope you guys help her have a good confortable and caring time with family. About the 5 y/o, prepare the kid telling him/her grandma is going to heaven.

It is better to tell the kid grandma is going to heaven, than telling him/her she is going to die. Kids do not understand death just like that, but going to heaven, they undertand that.

Hope Grandma gets better.

Jaime.______________________________________________________

thancks to all i had a long talk with my boy tonight about it yes it tore him up but at least he knows she is still hanging in for know they say she is in no paine its just taring my wife and my 11 year old dauter apart the wife is staying out with her 24/7 well i need sleep and thansk's againe to all :(

Guest jaimesix

Cheer up a little my friend. This is the time to enjoy your Grandma's company and to nurture those things that will go with us into eternity, that is our personal relationships, our loved ones, and all those who we care about.

This is not a goob bye, but a see you later, so go over there and make Grandma smile!!!!

Jaime.________________________________________________________

• 2 weeks later...

:(:(:(well all is starting to get back to normal gram did pass wife is still a mess but i regret to say that i am posobely gowing to have to sell the 710&510 shell times are very bad at work trust me i dont want to i have been seling of a lot of shit not shure what eather are worth can some one help on value and if aney one is interested let me know:(:(:(:(:(:(

Guest jaimesix

Sorry to hear that.

If you need to sell your Datsuns, let me suggest you sell the 510. The 510 being more sought after, many 510 followers, that 510 will sell better. Keep the 710 in the house.

Jaime._______________________________________________________