ka24de WAY to much fuel. suggestions?

samsung

OK i recently just got my car going with de. any how i put a walbro external 255 on and the thing loads up on fuel. so much it actually drips out the exhaust! im running two regulators factory on the rail and AM before the rail. and set it to 43.5psi but still will foul all plugs super fast. my question is i have the pump mounted under my bat tray could that be to close? should i mount it in the back by the tank? im not going to run turbo so should i throw on a 280zx pump? and where to mount it? thanks for any help.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thats weird that it is doing that... I have a 80-psi 260lph external pump right by my batt and it is running to the stock fuel rail/ regulator and no problems.

You only really need one FPR and that should be fine. Maybe you have a leaky injector or some other problem because i know a walbro can go on a stock KA with no problem

i had this happen on my sr 240 with an intank 255 it destroyed two stock regulators. so i put in an aftermarket reg and it solved my problem. but here its is not. i cleaned the maf and also tried one of my others. i dont think its leaky injector cuz when i pull the plugs all the cylinders are fouled. i ran this very pump on my other ka 510 with no problems but i was using larger lines and it was next to my fuel cell. my return line is clear but maybe to small? thanks

Are you running a return line? It might be too small causing the FPR to not be able to control fuel pressure right. Maybe you have the system plumbed wrong. BTW from what I've heard, the walbro is more of a pusher then a puller pump, it should really be by the tank.

Also, if there's fuel dripping out the exhaust, wouldn't your engine be hydrolocked from having a liquid in the combustion chamber? Any pictures of your fuel setup?

I had an ECU die that basically just left all the injectors wide open all the time.

Had fuel out the tailpipe too... it would run, kind of. Also filled the sump with fuel. I drained 2 GALLONS of fuel-diluted oil out of the pan.

Between that experience (it was an otherwise nice 200SX, but the ECUs were a one-year wonder and made of unobtanium) and the problems with my 280Z EFI I have basically given up on EFI forever.

Edited by datsunaholic

Dude you only need one regulator, which is on the exiting side of the fuel rail. Use the stock on IMO, I've never had a stock reg. go bad but I have heard of it, like Beebani's. the return and supply should be the same size but I haven't had a problem running KA's through the stock ones.

Has the engine ever ran correct in the dime? What do the codes on the ECU say? Fuel pressure problems won't show up on the ECU, but other problems will.

I had an ECU die that basically just left all the injectors wide open all the time.

Had fuel out the tailpipe too... it would run, kind of. Also filled the sump with fuel. I drained 2 GALLONS of fuel-diluted oil out of the pan.

Between that experience (it was an otherwise nice 200SX, but the ECUs were a one-year wonder and made of unobtanium) and the problems with my 280Z EFI I have basically given up on EFI forever.

you may have given up on EFI but not your manifolds :D