Kelmo's coupe

KELMO

So I joined last month, figured how to post, uploaded some pics, and with any luck will be able to put them in this thread...pretty good for and old guy thats a computer 1d10t.

Oh, the story..right thats why I'm here. In 1986 bought a 72 1200 sedan from the Porsche, Audi, MB dealer I was working for. Drove it for 2 or three years, sold it to my best friend for $50.00 cuz I had just put a battery in it. He drives it until half way through 1991. Somewhere in between parking it and buying it from me, he finds a coupe shell and transfers everything from the sedan to it.

November 2005, I am at his house and he asks me if I want it back. I ask what he wants for it and he says nothing....OK, I'm in.

We tow it over to my house, pour gas down the carb and hook up a battery..it starts. The past 3 years I have been doing what I can (and buying parts I can find) to get it back (somewhat) to a real car again.

Just recently refreshed an A12 as an interim motor while we build a different and hopefully quicker motor to put in it. Getting help from a tech I work with who has been a Nissan tech since 1980 something.

So now I am getting close to paint and assembly (hopefully). I have a doner coupe we are going to use for some front end body and structure parts.

Just thought I'd throw my story up too.

Now lets see if I can throw up some pics.

Kelmo

OK, well um that didn't work.

They are in my album tho..........

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Test...this is only a test

engine009.jpg

Well, that worked now I guess I need to start a build thread.

This is what I started with.

Edited by KELMO

Currently has the stock A12 with just a header added. Have another A motor that has been bored out( so I was told when I bought it), but when we put it in it was just a smoke show so I need to crack that one open and see what it has been bored out to. Also got a pair of dual webbers to go on it and then need to learn how to sync them....if they are still good. The car is almost ready to be a driver again, possibly by the end of March if not sooner. I really need to catch up on postin up some pics

Actually they are side draft, so the Br/master will most likely need to be relocated and I aint that talented yet

that makes sense, don't know if it helps any but in the '73 Opel Gt that I used to drive there was no room for the break master so it was relocated horizontaly at the front of the car. Metal linkage was used to go from the pedal to it. The only difference with that car was that it came with a brake booster.