Nissan ID Tag

:confused:I picked up a VG out of a 99 Pathfinder last week. Before I got it out I came home to do some research on the motor. Looking up the info it stated that the 99 Pathfinder year came with a VG33. I went back to the truck and pulled the motor.....the ID tag in the engine bay says VG30? Do the ID tags equipped with VG33e motors get ID as VG30's with larger displacement? I am a little confused....I took a trip to a wrecking yard and browsed around at ID tags in trucks and still yet to find a VG33 stamped tag.....Does anyone know the answer to my stupid question :)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

according to wiki...

The second generation was introduced in 1996 with more rounded styling. The second generation Pathfinder was completely redesigned from the first generation, switching from body on frame construction to unibody construction. The engine was upgraded to the VG33E, with 168 hp (125 kW) and 196 lb

I have the tag from the engine comp.....what do you need to tell me what I have Mike? The tittle said 99.....im not sure

The tag is either on the inner pass side fender below the hood hinge or if a '99 is bearby but up on the firewall. Look for the Chassis Number.