cheap weber?

Roman Tasel

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just my two cents, but beware of used webers. I bought a 32/34 DGEV off ebay for $75 a year ago thinking it was a steal. It's been a total pain in the ass ever since. I knew I'd probably have to rebuild it, and I did (make sure you figure the cost of a rebuild kit into the price) but even the most complete kit is still missing a few things you'll want to replace. If you want to tune it right, be prepared to do some research and buy new jets. They are cheap individually, but you don't know which ones you'll need until you start tuning. Also, chances are that a PO used the wrong size scewdriver and fucked up the jets, so you'll have to buy new ones anyway. I've had a lot of issues, like the electrical contacts in the auto choke frying, linkage parts fatiguing and breaking, having to sand the base flat because it was warped (I might have done that though...), and I still have problems I can't solve. If you can't see the thing before buying it, DON'T. If the shafts are worn out you're screwed, and you can only check by wiggling them. Of course if it's brand new, then yes it's worth it because you can just turn around and sell it on ebay for $200 :D

And, like ezruiser said, you'll have to get an adapter plate. They are not all created equal. I recommend the one with the flanges, not the single plate with recessed bolt holes.

Webers are about this much -> <- better than stock hitatchi's and that's if you can get them tuned well. I'm not saying it's rocket science, but it will definitely take time, patience and money.

100$ is good price and as indicated if it works. Luckily, I have bought several used webers, one being $75 and it still works after 2 years. But if you have the money you can buy one for like $300 new. If you do get the adapter try to find one that is a one piece..the 2 piece tend to leak over time.