521 parts from Rockauto?

So after trading off my 521 a couple of months ago, I just bought it back and it needs a little work. The truck was stuck in 4th gear when I traded it and th eguy never even came and picked up the truck so it is still in the same condition. I located a transmission for it through a guy locally and will be picking it up this weekend. I want to go ahead and change the clutch, slave cylinder and master cylinder while I am at it since they werent always workign properly when the truck was driving (hence the tranny problem). I called a few local parts stores and havent come up with anything. Would RockAuto.com be the best place to look for them? Are they pretty quick with their shipping and accurate with stocking the parts they list on their site?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are a very good source for all of that. I bought a clutch kit from them but I had to buy it for a 510 (wasn't listed for 521). Worked out great...

So after trading off my 521 a couple of months ago, I just bought it back and it needs a little work. The truck was stuck in 4th gear when I traded it and th eguy never even came and picked up the truck so it is still in the same condition. I located a transmission for it through a guy locally and will be picking it up this weekend. I want to go ahead and change the clutch, slave cylinder and master cylinder while I am at it since they werent always workign properly when the truck was driving (hence the tranny problem). I called a few local parts stores and havent come up with anything. Would RockAuto.com be the best place to look for them? Are they pretty quick with their shipping and accurate with stocking the parts they list on their site?

I just bought a clutch kit from these guys all made in Japan stuff even T/O bearing(KOYO)

but its a stock clutch No burn outs with this one

http://www.importrp.com/product.php?productid=61784&cat=0&page=1

I have to pull out my Centerforce clutch Cause something is wrong with it in my 521. Since its cold Im going to wait until spring and drive the 510.

Let me know how you do this clutch change as last time I did mine I put a new motor in there and swap the clutch then. But Never pulled from bottem.

510er said he did his from the bottom(PM him). He said pull the motor back then turn 90 degs and drop the front down and pull out. Truck has to be hIGH off the ground.

Edited by banzai510(hainz)