U-JOINTS & rear view mirror - HELP!!!!

Archie

Happy New Year to All!!!

I need to replace the u-joints on my 86 1/2 Nissan Hardbody Pick up. No local parts houses can come up with a joint small enough!!:confused:

My truck is a 4 cyl, 2 wheel drive, auto trans, extended cab with the 2 piece drive shaft(3 joints). The stock bearing caps are .86 inches in diameter with a 2.08" cross.

The dealer wants $35.00 each:eek:

Are these joints used in another application, one of the cars maybe , which the other parts houses don't cross reference to??

Also, I need to replace the interior rear view mirror. Do any of the other Nissan models share this mirror so when I go looking on ebay and such, I will have more parts to choose from??

Thanks everyone for the help!!!

AL

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Try the '84-'86.5 720 U joint. Try the 2 and 4wd. The early D-21 used basically the same motor and rear end on the 720 so they might not have changed them.

As for the rear view mirror I use one from a mid '90s Lumina or Monte Carlo. It's the kind that glues directly to the glass and had day/night and two individual map reading lights that can be wired to the door opening. Wrecking yards have them.

$30 at the dealer for a $12 part sounds about right. Did you try getting the Nissan part number and taking it to an auto parts store and have them cross reference it? Also the early D-22 Pathfinder is built on the same platform as the Hardbody and shares many of the drive line components.

my u-joint book list only three part numbers for the datsun/nissan 2wd trucks, and none of them match the dimensional specs that you have listed.

spicer #'s

1-0027 2.233 across the joint with caps on and cap diameter is .985

Used one the 69-85 2wd truck

1-0029 2.874 across and 1.103 diameter

Used on 86-01 2wd truck

1-0153 2.969 and a 1.063 cap

I found two other part numbers that nissan used also 1-0028(66-76 small car) and a 1-0449(4wd from 85.5-01)

Good luck