Help with Transmission Crossmember Datsun 620 /w CA18 Gearbox

Hey Guys,

need some Advice from you.

So my CA18DE Swap for my 620 is Starting now. Pulled the Original trans yesterday and ran in to a problem with placing the Trans-crossmember with the CA71B Trans from the CA.

Rubbermount fits the new trans.

The CA trans is a good bit longer, no problems with the shifter, but i dont know how to get the Crossmember modified to pick up the new Trans.

Any suggestions? / Welding on Frame is not allowed here in good ol´Germany😑

On Saturday i will get the Excact lenght differences from bell-edn to Middle of Mounting points to see how much more away from the engine the Mounting point is.

i saw that @]2eDeYe made some Crossmembers for the KA Trans, but dont know if they fit. Maybe someone got a Picture mounted / Redeye got Measurements from OEM Mounting points to longest point on the longhole´s at the Crossmember?

1725519625575.jpg

Datsun_frame.thumb.jpg.2f51547142c72161f8c706a86b87e753.jpg

Edited by DarkBlack
  • Like 1
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Have you tried turning the crossmember so it's on backwards? Look on the frame and see if there are extra mounting holes for the crossmember. Later 620 used a longer transmission. 

Acutally i saw just yet, that there are Three Holes, so i could mount the Crossmember more to the Back, i will try to flip it too like you said, maybe this will be just enough to just weld a wider Plate on Top where i could mount the Trans to 🙂 Thanks.

@]2eDeYe I would love to get a solid , fine machined Part, but is guess just to its weight, shipping will be Very expensive. BTW, How much are your Crossmembers?

My 710 manual is 26"long the other 710 is an automatic and 31.5" long. The crossmember has two bolts per side and the frame had three. Yes, by sliding the crossmember back or forward it can be used by both transmissions.

1 hour ago, DarkBlack said:

Acutally i saw just yet, that there are Three Holes, so i could mount the Crossmember more to the Back, i will try to flip it too like you said, maybe this will be just enough to just weld a wider Plate on Top where i could mount the Trans to 🙂 Thanks.

@]2eDeYe I would love to get a solid , fine machined Part, but is guess just to its weight, shipping will be Very expensive. BTW, How much are your Crossmembers?

The crossmember itself is $90.00, but yes shipping is a bit more. USPS shipping to Germany adds $110.00

You can slot the transmission mount and crossmember holes to get far enough back. 

620cmembermod1.thumb.JPG.9e56d75fe74ad90854e430667edf586c.JPG

620cmembermod2.JPG.1d37e259dcf02b768016f76f945e107e.JPG

• Like 1