Gas tank and clutch leaking

I’ve “found” 3 leaks one on top of the gas tank around the fuel sender? I think that’s what they are called here’s a picture of it

it’s leaking around the gasket when the tank is full and the gas splashes up. I just cut a new gasket and re-threaded 2 stripped holes, and tightened it down it’s still leaking though. I’m thinking it might be the type of gasket? It’s a rubber fiber sheet I cut it out of.

IMG_0113.thumb.jpeg.cef3059863e3977face22c8da89f225d.jpeg
The clutch leak is really slow and I don’t have a lead on yet really, right now I’m thinking it’s the slave but it’s hard to tell cause it I’m also leaking oil and need to Im fix that before I can figure out the clutch. Oil is leaking  by the filter I can’t seem to get the right gasket for it.If anyone knows where to get a gasket for that or what kind I need to get that’d be great 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think "buna n" is the right material to use for that job. You can get sheets of it at McMaster Carr - https://www.mcmaster.com/products/rubber/rubber~/oil-resistant-buna-n-rubber-sheets-bars-and-strips/

Even a paper gasket would work, if you had some sealant on it.

The threads need some sealant on them. I use Threebond 1211 which used to be sold at any motorcycle shop. Now I just buy it on Amazon.

Edited by Stoffregen Motorsports
8 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I think "buna n" is the right material to use for that job. You can get sheets of it at McMaster Carr - https://www.mcmaster.com/products/rubber/rubber~/oil-resistant-buna-n-rubber-sheets-bars-and-strips/

Even a paper gasket would work, if you had some sealant on it.

The threads need some sealant on them. I use Threebond 1211 which used to be sold at any motorcycle shop. Now I just buy it on Amazon.

I’ll look into getting some “buna n”.

do you know anything on oil filter gaskets or how to set it right. I picked up a wix filter off rock autoand it came with gaskets, they were a tad big so I’m using my old ones it’s still not sealing correctly though 

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/nissan,1965,320,1.2l+l4,1440392,engine,oil+filter,5340

16 hours ago, Crusty320 said:

do you know anything on oil filter gaskets or how to set it right. I picked up a wix filter off rock autoand it came with gaskets, they were a tad big so I’m using my old ones it’s still not sealing correctly though

Sorry, can't help with that. The issue there is probably more manufacturing related than a materials issue.