2004 lincoln ls bad door agitater.

My driver side door will not lock or unlock with key fob.It will with key.It just makes a noise.Sites I seen says it's a bad agitater and they have the same noise.New part is no longer available.Ebay has used one for a 100 bucks.I will take it apart and see if it is repairable.Also the door lock button will not  lock or unlock the driver door.Easy to take door panel off.Just had to fix the moon roof,the driver side hose came off and was leaking.Most all these ls"s have that problem.The moon roof has two drain hoses that the hoses go  down the pillar.I had to add to the hose.It is like the hose shrunk about 3 inches.They must of stretched the hose when they put it on.They used no clamps.When it rains,water gets in the moon roof at top and drains thru both hoses.The water was getting  into the door.I had to take  door panel off to get water out.Probably why the agitater went bad.

Edited by Thomas Perkins
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought electric locks were a solenoid. Take it apart and have a look. maybe something loose or need cleaning. Try locking and unlocking manually with key several dozen times to loosen it.

They are.They also call them door lock actuator.I took the door panel off.I Have been using the key to lock and unlock it lately.They have some for sale on Ebay.I took the door panel off.Removed the electrical connector.It has 3 screws holding it to the end of door.It has two thick wire like coat hanger that needs to come off to get it off and out of door.One has a little clip.I plan on taking it apart to see if something is loose or need cleaning like you said.When I push the key fob to lock or unlock doors,the diver side makes a noise  same thing when I push the button on door to lock or un lock.I did put it all back together and will try again in a few days.Water was getting into the door cause  the moon roof drain hose came off of fitting at moon roof, water was traveling down the pillar and going into door.I fixed that,a common problem for the Lincoln ls.I could not find a video on how to remove the solenoid.It also has a cable going fron the solenoid to the door ,the part you open the door.I do a have a work manual like the dealers use.It is 4 thick books.You can't buy these in stores.