Reproduction parts for Datsun 320

Cliff D

Hello,

I am in the process of restoring my 1965 L320.  I have been recreating some soft parts for the restoration.  I currently have some Steering column grommets for the top of the column.  They have a steel and Nylon insert like the factory grommet.  I also have the gaskets the go between the headlight bucket and fender.  These parts were 3d printed in TPU and have a nice finish to them and good chemical resistance.  I will be recreating some of the other parts with injection molding-where cosmetics is important.  The steering Grommets are $30.00 us without shipping and the headlight gaskets will be $60.00 for the pair without shipping. 

In the near future I plan on having rockers, floorboards, door skins and other assorted sheet metal parts for sale.  If anyone has any parts they would like to have reproduced, just let me know.

https://www.cliffdanger.com/datsun

• Like 3
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For starters, the 320 and 520 transmission vent 

GearboxTransmissionrubbercover.jpeg.abcf18a47c632f670a55d3b0bc65db78.jpeg

if you develop a range of molds, you can produce the products based on customer orders.  That is the approach 240Zrubberparts uses.

This site (Link) offers 240Z parts, the bulk of the offerings are molded.

Keith

Thank you for the link.  I intend to use molds to recreate parts.  The 3d printed TPU parts are great, but the still have light ringing and as such don't look as cosmetically attractive as a cast part.  The Steering column rubber is hidden along with the gasket for the fenders.  I'll recreate the transmission vent in the next couple of days.

Thank you again

Cliff 

• Like 1