smoke from valve cover pcv thing

lynchfourtwenty

There is no good reason to be cold in the winter!!! If you have a stock 185 it should warm up to just below 1/2 on the gauge. It may go up and down to 1/3 and bounce a few times till it warms up the rad, but should work even if fifty below. Don't guess, they are heap, just change it and throw the old one away!!! and you will be so happy when you are warm and able to look out the window. Get a $12 one. Hainz would say... stop fucking around!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he was saying that.

* He's saying even in coldest winter day, the engine will (eventually) get to fully warm. If it doesn't, you have a thermostat problem.

* I was saying it will take longer to get to fully warm on a very cold day -- that is normal and expected.

By the way, most cars have a 212-degree thermo including many 1970s Datsuns. This higher engine heat gives the heater a lot more punch. Which you don't need in summer but can be nice in winter.

i've seen my engine temp past 200 twice, once when i had no thermo an my old bad radiator.. an the other time i think it was like 205 or some shit my fuckin heater hose broke... it was a 100+ F degree day out an truck was runnin parked while we loaded it up an next thing u know waters gushing out from under it...

i have a aftermarket gauge so i know what temps its running at.. same with oil pressure.. i have the volt one too but lost the shit to hook it up haha whoops