Datsun 620 wheels

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i wanna say stock wheels are 14 or 15 inch with 4.5 inches of back spacing so make sure you don't go smaller than that. i have 16x8s with 0 offset on one of my 620s, you can get away with stock titan wheels with the hub bored out to fit (i think). just keep an eye on your back spacing and you should be fine. go into the truck forums and there's a thread about wheels on the trucks, couldn't find the one in the 620 forum so....

• Like 1

Stock 620 tires are 6:00 14" 6 ply. Find out what 6:00 is in today's tire nomenclature. It's around 26" I think. 6 ply is the side wall thickness and a measure of stiffness to reduce heat generated flexing when carrying a load. Not really needed today, so 2 ply is more than enough and more comfortable.

What ever tire width you choose it's important to keep the diameter the same. Larger diameter tires will decrease performance making acceleration more sluggish and your speedometer will read wrong also. To be avoided on a tiny 2 liter truck.