FJ20 build help

Hi
 Just picked up a FJ20ET and plan to install into my 510. I am in the San Francisco area so I will have Rebello do the rebuild. Has anyone tried installing beehive or conical valve springs in a FJ head to lighten the valvetrain? I can spec a cam for a Chevy or L series Datsun but the twin cam setup has me stumped as far as trying to figure out the specs on the limited cams available. I know the FJ20 is a robust engine but any tips for a turbo engine that I would like build with a little more power(100 to 200 HP) than stock. Also does anyone know the process and parts required to convert to a external oil pump wet or dry. I tried at FJ20.com but their forum is kind of dry of users. Thanks for any help.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a FJ20ET but haven't installed it yet.  All the reading I've done says the stock motor is good for 400hp.  Just gotta run a turbo setup like the Honda boys, oversized so it doesn't get to much low end torque and kill the rods.  Facebook FJ guys chat a little bit.  I swear recently a guy had a 600hp stock engine!  I think with modern turbo setup and ECU's a lot more power is possible.  keep us posted!!