Cab to front fender seal

XLT

in the mist of getting a 620  ready for paint.  Can anyone tell me the size of the seal, rubber strip that runs between the back of the fender/ cab  down to the frame.      I have looked every where and can't find any info on it. It looks to be 5/8ths wide but I don't know the space between the cab and fender.  Any info would be appreciated  

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not aware of a rubber seal between the fender and cab - seals generally are located to keep water out of the cab, not between the fender and anywhere. Can you post a pic?

I don't know how to post a photo.  You can see the seal by looking from the door hinge opening towards the front of the truck.  The part number is 63811-B5000 but its discontinued as are most parts.  It is also  listed in the on  line parts manual for 72-79 620, #8 in the fender, hood ledge and radiator support section.    Thanks for your reply.

• 3 weeks later...

Had to look that up, my 620 doesn't have one either side. Guessing that seal is betweent he front edge of the cab and fender and would serve to divert water aka road spray away from the door area.

Thailand seems to be the source for rubber products these days, won't claim perfect fitment but that said I have all new window seals that will be installed plus some other bits.

Photo posting can be done via 3rd party platform like Postimages.com as a temporary step. Once you have posted a few times you can upload directly from your computer to a maximum size of 4Mb. Be aware that photo upload services like Photobucket seem to host pics for a limited time only, hence you'll see posts that no longer have the photo attached.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2024 at 11:13 AM, XLT said:

I don't know how to post a photo.  You can see the seal by looking from the door hinge opening towards the front of the truck.  The part number is 63811-B5000 but its discontinued as are most parts.  It is also  listed in the on  line parts manual for 72-79 620, #8 in the fender, hood ledge and radiator support section.    Thanks for your reply.

I use imgbb.com. Works great, and you can choose to host indefinitely.