85 Nissan 720 4x4 gas mileage.

I just checked my gas mileage today.I got 19.5 mpg average on my last tank of gas, has been a while since I  checked it.I was getting around 18 last time I check it about 6 months ago.I put 244 miles on it,when I gased up today.I put 12.641 gallons in it.It holds 15.7 gallons.So I had 3 gallons left in it, which means I can get about 312 miles out of a tank of gas.That tank lasted 10 days.

Edited by Thomas Perkins
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha, I just filled up the tank yesterday with the intention of calculating my gas mileage. This little truck feels like a gas hog to me. I got the weber 32/36, what are you running? I'm used to my honda. The 2.2 SOC is not amazing with gas mileage but it's better than the truck.

I have a Weber,it is listed to get 18 mpg average,for 4x4's.That is with smaller tires,I run 235-75-15.I usually get about 18 mpg,that was back when the highway speed limit was 55 mph in 85.I usually go about 65-70.We have a lot of speed checkers here.State troopers are everywhere.I never have been the one to drive fast.Fred Flintstone passes me.Drive my wife's V-6 car the same way,slow.My Weber gets the same gas mileage as my old stock Nissan carb.If you drive more highway miles you will get better gas mileage.You can go to a site and see your gas mileage.It states 17 mpg city,20 mpg highway,18 average.I guess it depends how you drive and how you keep your truck tuned up.I keep 35 psi in my tires.

Edited by Thomas Perkins

The rain had stopped.I am going  to take my distributor  off and clean the dust from inside.I do that every so often,and see what it looks like.It is not that old.I do have a lifetime warranty on it and rotor.Just doing maintance.I put a new weather strip piece by the hood hinge.It came loose.It will cause water to get in the floor board.Walmart has them.I used 2 way tape,better than what is on the weather stripping.