(re-post) Datsun 210 wagon seat problem

My 210 wagon does not have a driver side seat, so I poorly rigged up a seat from a 300zx that doesn't fit well or sit right. A year later my ass is tired of it, what are my options for fitting a new seat if I do not have a bracket to work off of? I'm located in the southern US so these 210's are very few and far between, I haven't found a seat or bracket in the year I've been looking. And I do have the Cat hump btw, so the courbeau bracket will not fit. Any help is greatly appreciated. (Re-post, No response in 2 days)

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ages ago, I put a set of Miata seats into a Datsun 1200 Coupe.  I used the MIata seat rails, but it did require me making some rear spacers out of 2" square tubing to lift the back two mounts to level the seats.  I also had to heat and bend the front two mounts downward to use the 1200 seat cross member for mounting.

I had to do some some similar fab when I mounted some BMW Series 3 seats into a 510 wagon.

I suspect there will not be too many options for something that will bolt in easily.  It's a small car, and (unfortunately) most anything you install will need some fab work to fit. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Duncan said:

Ages ago, I put a set of Miata seats into a Datsun 1200 Coupe.  I used the MIata seat rails, but it did require me making some rear spacers out of 2" square tubing to lift the back two mounts to level the seats.  I also had to heat and bend the front two mounts downward to use the 1200 seat cross member for mounting.

I had to do some some similar fab when I mounted some BMW Series 3 seats into a 510 wagon.

I suspect there will not be too many options for something that will bolt in easily.  It's a small car, and (unfortunately) most anything you install will need some fab work to fit. 

That's kinda what I figured. I do have a miata seat for it, But I haven't made the drive to pick it up from my buddy's place since I moved. I suppose I'll start with that. Thanks!

• datzenmike changed the title to (re-post) Datsun 210 wagon seat problem