Brake/Fuel Hardline routing

CanDat

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I can figure out how to upload photos I can help you out today. Got a non-cal 77 620 with A/C. Only thing is fuel line around the gas tank/ engine bay area might be slightly different as I have electric fuel pump. Sorry for assuming you have a mech pump.

Bleeding air from the lines today so i'll take pics as I go. Might be a minute, taking care of family as well.

If you don't have the old lines to follow then generally all fuel and return line as well as brake lines to the rear, go down the right frame rail about half way up on the inside where they are most protected. In the hydraulic brake system there is a NLSV (Nissan load sensing valve) under the passenger seat. From the gas tank there is a vent line that runs forward and crosses over to the left side at the cross member that anchors the torsion bars under the cab then continues forward against the inside of the left frame rail to the charcoal canister by the radiator.

All it has to do is work and not be in the way of anything else. Make it work.

The 620 was around for 7 years. Haynes condensed it into 1/2" thick and the '78 and '79 is just a supplement in the back. Only good thing about the 'manual' are the electrical diagrams and that's why I have it.

Best thing is a  used Nissan FSM (factory service manual) for the '77. Has 1.5" thick of everything and how to take it off, fix/adjust and replace it for that year. All manner of clearances and specifications. Every year had different emissions equipment and electrical components. Hard copy is best so you can read it in the crapper every morning but they are down loadable...

https://datsuntrucks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Service_Manual_Datsun_Pick-Up_1977-1.pdf

• Like 1
6 hours ago, CanDat said:

Absolutely, the more information the better, thank you. 

Here you go, this is a few that I have. This is from a 77 kingcab with no AC.

lDgygRx.jpg

PnOxZ8q.jpg

WPPrgWC.jpg

CwH4pIg.jpg

YMyztI1.jpg

HdJh6Nh.jpg

XpoarMV.jpg

yc9Xyp6.jpg

bQuvMzX.jpg

cl9cGRD.jpg

2fpk8fy.jpg

qx155gi.jpg