Where the rubber meets the road

None_zero

Being the consumate optimist that I am. I've decided to demonstrate som faith in nissan engineering and zero's fixing skills I've loaded the old girl down with as much of my woodshed as seemed prudent and some various Christmas projects of little furniture and things plus all my painting gear and headed out on a journey of some unknown hundreds of miles from Nashville TN to little Rock AK for some Christmas cheer. Right now I'm around Jackson tn. So I think that puts a 150 ish miles behind me.... I let you boys known If we survive. So far Betty running like a Champ idling away at a steady 650 rpms while I eat a chicken sandwich and then we are back in the road. Top speed clocked so far was 86mph. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

However  if more than 6 hours has passed since this was posted and you've heard nothing from me.. do us a favor and send a prayer the express lane direct to the pearly Gate and ask them to open that sucker wide enough for a 720. It's hot outside and Betty's paint is starting to peel

Ends? He'll we just getting started my friend and we've finally won our big battle for smooth idle. Side note: the window no longer rattles in rhe door at idle when it's rolled down. That's a little bonus victory i suppose the next stops in our Campaign against malfunction is rear brakes  and hand brake functionality and after that onto the suspension where we will need to combat the Two headed dragon. Wear from age and hard use, and damage from my previous derth of knowledge and experience.

Edited by None_zero

Assuming we survive those conflicts. There still is a wide array of cosmetic repairs to not to mention the need to at least cleanup and route the wiring so it  doesn't perpetually look like I hot wired someone's truck and ran off with it 

Edited by None_zero