Where to connect these hoses to on 720 with Weber 32/36??!

Hi guys, can anyone tell me where these two hose nipples are meant to be connected to? I have done an engine swap on my 1980 720 with an engine from a 1984 720. I also added a weber 32/36. The first one is located just below the carby on the air intake manifold, kind of a right angle connection but I dont know where it goes to. As I am no longer using the stock air filter, do I just run this into the new weber air filter? Also,there is the bottom nipple from the flow guide valve. The top one is the fuel tank breather, but the bottom one used to connect to a nipple on a pipe running down to the crank case. However, this new engine doesnt have this connection. Should I just plug this up? Any help much appreciated, photos attached for reference! Cheers

20231126_102226.jpg

20231126_102254.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

image.jpeg.a0621fe2c72f7d43d1ffa3b622b94197.jpeg

Seal this one off. If not it a bad intake vacuum leak.

image.jpeg.1174acde0b6a631c140c67541a824eea.jpeg

Top hose should go inside the air filter

Middle hose to the gas tank.*

Bottom hose to the block vent hose that goes to the PCV valve. You could drill a suitable hole in that hose and stick that small bottom hose into it.

*This way when engine not running on hot days, evaporating fumes from the tank will go where they are supposed to go to be stored and not get into the cab. When the engine starts intake vacuum sucks them into the intake and burns them.

When driving and fuel is used up in the tank filtered air is drawn into the tank to displace it.

The large hose that was on the valve cover should be routed around the back of the Weber air filter and fit up under the front left corner. Webers come with a white plastic elbow for this. It's just below the black gasket.

image.jpeg.c536ad6205d98172956383964cfb3b59.jpeg

Datzenmike you're a legend! Yeah I had that elbow nipple on the intake blocked off before but was worried I might damage something. Good to know thats ok! So just to clarify, I am drilling a tight fitting hole in this rubber hose going down to the crank case and pushing this bottom hose from the flow guide valve into it? Am I best to put some gasket sealer around the hole to avoid air leaks too where the hose goes in?