85 Nissan 720 4x4 inlet pipe gasket leak.

Thomas Perkins

a5d4c2ceea14aca2a20cde8ce75c39fe.png.e3929f660f32cdeb2a28148b925c785c.pngHi ya'll.I got a leak at my water inlet gasket.About a week ago.I took the alternator off to get a good look at it to see where it was leaking.I put a new hose on it a while back.The clamp is good and tight.I also bought a new inlet pipe and gasket back then.Nissan still had the inlet pipe on Ebay and the gasket.I got them from Courtesy Nissan out of Texas.So this weekend I may change the gasket and pipe.I do have pics of when I put the  hose on.

Edited by Thomas Perkins
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I do believe I made have caused it to leak by putting the crow bar on it when tightening the alternator belt over time.I believe I put the crow bar on the radiator outlet on the inlet piece and putting pressure on it to pull it away from the engine.I will have to be more careful where I place the crow bar to tighten the alternator belt.I did one time push the radiator hose and caused it to leak their.No big deal.Easy to fix,just in a tight spot.I turn my tires out to get in there.Live and learn.

Edited by Thomas Perkins
  • 3 weeks later...

The way to get the hose off or the inlet part off.You need to turn the wheels out so you can crawl in their.I took the skid plate off.The alternator and battery off.When you put the hose clamp on,have it where you can tighten it from the top.You can also remove the top radiator hose.Drain anti freeze.To remove the the inlet pipe if needed.You will need to move the power steering pump to get to the far side bolt and get it off and on and clean the mating surfaces.The 3 metal vacuum lines has a clamp holding it to the inlet pipe bolt.Let me go to my computer and find the pictures.

• Like 1

Here are some pictures when I put the hose on over a year ago.On the first picture the power steering pump is moved out of the way.You can see the 3 metal vacuum lines.You can see the bracket holding the 3 metal vacuum lines by the thick rubber vacuum line.It is held in place by the inlet bolt where you can't see it.That is why you need to move the power steering pump out of the way to remove the inlet pipe.Nissan has the pipe but not the gasket.Ebay has the gasket.I have both.I had the hose clamp in the picture in the wrong location,It needs to be at the top so you can get to it if need to tighten if it were to leak after installing everything.Same goes with the top radiator hose that is missing in picture.Ebay also sells these hoses cheaper.My pigtail for my Temperature sensor and the oil sending unit have dry rotted long ago as you see.I replaced the Temperature sensor one.But can't find the oil sending one.The oil sending wires go on a certain way or it won't work.The temperature sender also dry rotted.On the 3 rubber vacuum hoses,I cut the ends off so it would have a tighter fit.I use all my vacuum lines on my Weber.Also when everything is removed,A good time to clean everything up.Also clean your ground cable end and what it connects to and your alternator black and white wire.

100_9656.jpg

100_9657.jpg

100_9650.jpg

100_9632.jpg

100_9627.jpg

100_9607.jpg

100_9591.jpg

Edited by Thomas Perkins