engine build

nissan720

this is my first attempt at building ka24 engine .when lining up the timing marks .does it matter if the intake valves are open or closed? looking for verification. thanks for your responses in advance.i do have a chilton manual that i am using along with the haynes maunal

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Worst manuals ever. They just copy (and make mistakes) from the official Nissan published factory service manual (FSM). Chiltons and Hainse cover many years generally but not your year specifically.  But I digress.

KA24E  Hopefully the number one valves are both closed and the engine is already at TDC.

image.gif.0ae72534ffdff7b375f2bd2172d256fa.gif

If not, it is very risky to rotate the cam with a piston at TDC. You can bend a valve doing this.

no the head was not taken off. replacing time chain tensioner with an adjustable one. the guy who replaced the chain before didn't do a good job.truck won't get over 45mph. thats why i am going to attemt to fix it myself . i am currently waiting on an engine building friend of mine. but thats it waiting on someone else!